Six to Eight Weeks Before Moving Day
Working With the Mover:
- Call your United agent. Set a date for the agent to visually survey your home and prepare an estimate.
- If your company is paying for your move, refer to their moving policy to determine the services the mover will be authorized to perform.
- Do you want to do any of the packings — or will you have it done by our experienced packers?
- Your agent will be happy to discuss packing services with you.
- Show the agent everything that is going to be moved. Any items you fail to disclose or that are added later to the shipment will increase the cost, even if you have been given a binding estimate.
- Read the “Your Rights and Responsibilities Manual” to make certain that you fully understand the extent of the carrier´s liability.
- Sign the Estimate/Order for Service after you are sure you have a clear understanding of each section. If you have any questions, ask your agent to explain.
- Keep the phone number and name of your salesperson or move coordinator handy.
LETS GET STARTED